Thinking about quail...

MalMom

Songster
6 Years
Apr 21, 2013
Colorado
Hi all, I'm pretty new to chickens, I got my first two chicks in March. Today I picked up an adult hen from my coworker who is downsizing. He also has quail and wants to give me some. I know nothing about quail. In fact when I saw his quail I couldn't believe how small they were! I know so little that I don't even know what to search for in the quail portion of this forum. Would all you kind quail people be willing to give me some general quail information. Thanks so much!

Firstly, do you know the species? It probably is coturnix, but it's possible that he has buttons or something instead/as well. As different species have different requirements, it's worth finding out and refining your search. Good luck! :)

Until yesterday I didn't know there WAS more than one kind of quail.
gig.gif
I asked him today and he told me they are coturnix. I'll start doing some research on them. :) Oh, silly question, but how many quail eggs make up a chicken egg?

Until yesterday I didn't know there WAS more than one kind of quail.
gig.gif
I asked him today and he told me they are coturnix. I'll start doing some research on them. :) Oh, silly question, but how many quail eggs make up a chicken egg?

3 to 5 quail eggs make 1 chicken egg. But just one is enough exceed the nutritional content. They are sooo good for you.

Back
Top Bottom