Thinking of adding a couple turkey's

I'm not sure what you think is a smart a** remark. I'm just answering honestly based on the information you provided and my experience raising turkeys. People are suggesting these things to you for the health of your turkeys.
Sure you can follow your own path to a certain extent but proper animal husbandry is considering all aspects of the animals physical and mental health and what is best for them not for us.
Just amazes me how some people can ask for input from others with knowledge or experience and then slam and slander them simply AMAZING.

We live on Long Island and have a Royal Palm pair. We love them. Blackhead is rampant here so we have our flocks separated. Our new hen has one remaining poult from the hatch of 7. Three died of an illness and three others were taken by predators. We have one left. They have their own run/shelter and are separated from the chickens.
Look forward to hearing more about your turkeys.

We live on Long Island and have a Royal Palm pair. We love them. Blackhead is rampant here so we have our flocks separated. Our new hen has one remaining poult from the hatch of 7. Three died of an illness and three others were taken by predators. We have one left. They have their own run/shelter and are separated from the chickens.
Look forward to hearing more about your turkeys.
Sorry to hear the lose of your 6 poults glad to hear 1 has survived. Definitely understand y you love your turkeys. They can be so personable and each has there own personality. Love raising mine also if you ask me they are like no other bird. I have Royal Palms and several other varieties as well. Always cross breeding to add more varieties.

Back
Top Bottom