Thinking of Quail??

Biggest? Well the biggest commonly used for meat production esp in resturants and what not is coturnix. Jumbo Browns and A & Ms to be exact (same breed just bred differently).

I'd say the hardest to raise that people commonly raise are bobwhites because they require a lot more than coturnix do (as far as caging normally and aggressive issues towards eachother).

Agricultural and Mechanical. It refers to Texas A&M University, which I believe is where these birds were originally bred(?).

Quote:
Yeppers they were produced by the A & M uni. because they wanted to make an all white meat coturnix for the food industry
smile.png
They did a wonderful job too
smile.png

Quote:
We've got some bobwites.. we've got 4 roosters and 5 hens right now their currently all together, but fixing to fix some pens for them. Any suggestions??

herrrm! Well I'm honestly no expert on bobwhites. If it was me though I'd try to aquire one more roo and make 5 pairs
big_smile.png
wink.png
LOL

There are silly and down right stupid questions...none of which those questions were by the way...I have heard plenty that were though!

While it is true that Texas A&M University did develope that strain, the A&M part doesn't stand for anything anymore. Way back in Ol' Army days it was The Agricultural and Mechanical College of Texas...then it got changed, they let girls in, and you didn't have to be in the Corps...now A&M doesn't stand for anything.

Quail wise...I think buttons are the hardest to raise cuz the little devils can drown in spit and will hop themselves into demintia o coma

I wouldn't keep two roosters together with that few of hens...I would pen them in pairs with one trio

Back
Top Bottom