Third Coast Craftsman plans?

dulcigal

Hatching
Apr 23, 2022
Has anyone here used the coop/run plans from Third Coast Craftsman? If so, I have a question about cutting the top plate at a 15 degree angle on my table saw. He goes over it VERY quickly on his video, and I just want to ask some questions about how to do that. Anyone? Thanks!

Has anyone here used the coop/run plans from Third Coast Craftsman? If so, I have a question about cutting the top plate at a 15 degree angle on my table saw. He goes over it VERY quickly on his video, and I just want to ask some questions about how to do that. Anyone? Thanks!
@dulcigal Do you have some screen shots or pics of this area of the coop?
Hard to advise on saw setup without seeing what the finished plate is supposed to look like.

Last edited:
Can you build everything below it 1st, then use an adjustable square to cut in the angle? Those adjustable squares that He uses are a great tool because you can set your angle, tighten the wingnut, and use the same angle throughout the project.
1653656033224.png

We are planning to use these plans, building it next week. How did it turn out for you?

Attachments

• 0739CD4B-7909-4AA6-AF50-95F970519FE5.jpeg
    0739CD4B-7909-4AA6-AF50-95F970519FE5.jpeg
    533 KB · Views: 172
I’m building one now. Great plans

Attachments

• IMG_3423.jpeg
    IMG_3423.jpeg
    784.9 KB · Views: 145
  • IMG_3422.jpeg
    IMG_3422.jpeg
    806.6 KB · Views: 119
  • IMG_3421.jpeg
    IMG_3421.jpeg
    843.9 KB · Views: 115
  • IMG_3420.jpeg
    IMG_3420.jpeg
    718.2 KB · Views: 115
  • IMG_3419.jpeg
    IMG_3419.jpeg
    692.1 KB · Views: 109
since the top plate goes on last, it’s easy. Lay your unripped 2 by 4 in place one you cut it to size, and you will see the fron edge, towards the run, is what you have to rip. you can plane it as well. I marked to board on the ene. It’s a very small rip.

I'm going to be building this in June but my back yard is a quite sloped and it's a windy area with the wind blowing up hill towards my house. I was planning on building it with the low end of the run toward the bottom of the hill but would like to hear what others suggest.

I'd also love some suggestions on constructing a level foundation to build this on.

Back
Top Bottom