This batch of chicks likes to sleep standing up.

BGcoop

Crowing
5 Years
Aug 5, 2018
I have 7 week old chicks in the brooder right now and for some reason this batch all like to sleep standing up. I hatched 3 and purchased 4. They are not huddled, or running away from the heat. They seem very content. They just like to stand while sleeping. (They will occasionally sleep laying down but much less often than standing while sleeping).The ones I hatched are mixes and the ones I bought are pure breeds, and they all do it so it can’t be a breed thing. Has anyone ever noticed their chicks doing this? Is there a cause of this? My set up is the same as it has been the last few years and all my previous chicks would sleep laying down with only the occasional standing sleep.

I have 7 week old chicks in the brooder right now and for some reason this batch all like to sleep standing up. I hatched 3 and purchased 4. They are not huddled, or running away from the heat. They seem very content. They just like to stand while sleeping. (They will occasionally sleep laying down but much less often than standing while sleeping).The ones I hatched are mixes and the ones I bought are pure breeds, and they all do it so it can’t be a breed thing. Has anyone ever noticed their chicks doing this? Is there a cause of this? My set up is the same as it has been the last few years and all my previous chicks would sleep laying down with only the occasional standing sleep.
I'm not sure if there is a specific cause, I guess they are just sleepy chicks, or may not want to be slept on top of. We've had chicks do this too. It's so funny to watch- :D

Back
Top Bottom