This Chicken Whisperer also has ducks!

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by chcknwhisperer, Mar 27, 2017.

1. chcknwhisperer

chcknwhisperer Out Of The Brooder

Mar 27, 2017
    Nowhere, IN
    My Coop
    Hello,

My name is Tonya and I am a chicken-holic. LOL! Wrong meeting.

Seriously though. I had a chicken adopt me back in December and my friends named me the Chicken Whisperer. :) I found so much joy in loving and caring for her (we never found out from which farm she came), we named her Belle, and had a wonderful time waiting for her to start laying, until we lost her February 12. Now I am getting ready to order Icelandic chicks in a week or so to raise and love.

In the meantime, I got two ducklings! I am guessing since the tail feathers have come in and a few other feathers as well they are about 4 weeks old. :D They are so cute!

I am here hoping to get questions answer and get good advice. As I learn, I hope I can educate others.

2. redsoxs

redsoxs Chicken Obsessed

Jul 17, 2011
    North Central Kansas
    Greetings from Kansas and :welcome! Great to have you in our flock! Looks like you know your way around BYC pretty well already so no need for me to load you up with links. There is, however, an Icelandic breed thread in this link: https://www.backyardchickens.com/t/299038/icelandic-chickens
    Best wishes and thanks for joining BYC! :)

1 person likes this.
  3. N F C

N F C doo be doo be doo Premium Member

Dec 12, 2013
    Wyoming
    [​IMG]

Hi Tonya, it's great to have you here! Icelandics have been on my "wish list" forever...I hope you have a good time with them!

1 person likes this.
  4. Teila

Teila Bambrook Bantams Premium Member

G’Day from down under Tonya [​IMG] Welcome!

I hope you enjoy being a BYC member. There are lots of friendly and very helpful folks here so not only is it overflowing with useful information it is also a great place to make friends and have some fun.

If you would like to share pictures and stories of your flock, you have come to the right place. BYC’ers never tire of these and do not back away slowly or commence eye rolling when the photo album or home videos come out [​IMG]

5. drumstick diva

drumstick diva Still crazy after all these years. Premium Member

Aug 26, 2009
    Out to pasture
    You may also want to visit the "duck threads," and learn their language [​IMG]

6. chcknwhisperer

chcknwhisperer Out Of The Brooder

Mar 27, 2017
    Nowhere, IN
    My Coop
    My local friends have decided not to be helpful, which is fine. Totally their prerogative. This site has been so helpful with not only my chickens, but my ducks too! Thank you all so much!!!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by