This coming Spring

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by Peeta, Dec 15, 2012.

1. Peeta

Peeta Out Of The Brooder

Aug 17, 2012
    This coming spring I am going to try to hatch out some Silver Sebrights. I am using a Pro Series Circulated air incubator model 4200. In the summer I tried to hatch out two eggs to see how it would go and I think that I didn't know much about really how to do it besides what the directions told me. ( Sometimes directions don't say exactly how to do something) I kept it at the constant temperature that it told me but when I was trying to put water in like it says to it split out. When I checked them to see if they were in the process of growing I got negative, maybe the rooster hadn't made the eggs fertile.

If any of you have a lot of experience that you could teach to a beginner for incubating eggs with great results I would be quite happy if you shared them with me. [​IMG]

2. sumi

sumi Égalité Staff Member

Jun 28, 2011
    Rep of Ireland
    This article is very informative: Hatching Eggs 101 It's long, but there's a ton of good info in there. Good luck with your next hatch and let us know how it goes!

3. Sally Sunshine

Sally Sunshine Cattywampus Angel <straightens Halo> Premium Member

Aug 23, 2012
    Pennsylvania
    My Coop
  4. Peeta

Peeta Out Of The Brooder

Aug 17, 2012
    Thanks for the help. I will read the information and see how it helps me. [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by