This introduction is maybe a little late...

ShadyHoller

Chirping
9 Years
Sep 12, 2010
Willamette Valley
Hello, all. I've been meaning to do this for a while. I have been avidly reading BYC for a while now, but hadn't ever joined in the discussion because I was new to the whole forum thing and was feeling shy. A few weeks ago we came home and found a sick turkey, and we couldn't figure out what was wrong with him, so I got over my shyness in a flash, created a profile on BYC, and consulted the experts here. To make a short story even shorter, we got prompt and excellent advice, and our turkey survived the emergency and is now doing fine.

My wife and I live in town, but we maintain flocks of layers, meat chickens and turkeys on my mom's place a few miles out. My mom patiently endures our projects, like the A-frame chicken tractor we move about the pasture. My family has had some sort of poultry project going on out there, off-and-on, for the last 40 years. When I was a tyke it used to be my job to go get the eggs... now I've grown up and have been promoted to chief chicken rancher.

I'm very glad BYC exists, and I'm pleased to be part of it. It's a tremendous resource for those of us who take a little pride in doing things ourselves.

Thanks.

welcome-byc.gif
Feel free to jump in anytime. you are always welcome here.

welcome-byc.gif
from Northern ontario, Canada.

I love this site, its very informative and with some very helpful people. I like looking through the forum topics or doing a little research, but I like that if I am in a rush I can ask a question and it will be answered even if it has been answered a million times before :) I always say...I don't know why I waited so long to get chickens LOL

Shady, welcome from Eastern Wa. I bet I lurked around here for six months before I joined up. This is also the first forum I have ever joined, and it has been a great resource for me and our chickens. Good luck with your flock

Back
Top Bottom