th.gif
barnie.gif
ep.gif
sickbyc.gif
duc.gif
hit.gif
hit.gif
hit.gif

Not to start an argument, but all of this exists in the "real" world. It's sad,yes, but it'll probably never stop. The same torture (just different methods) exist for cattle, horses,sheep,dogs, cats and many other innocent animals. This is why I get so enraged when people say how humane the animals are killed. Through, it's not their fault, it's the governments. People need to realize where their food comes from, and how it goes from a calf to a burger at McDonalds. I obviously am vegetarian and an activist, but I do respect meat-eaters choices, as long as their not ignorant and choose to not realize the facts.
hide.gif

I rarely find myself on this side of the fence. I am absolutely disgusted by commercial facilities (and private farms) which keep animals in poor conditions. My belief is that every animal should be provided a clean space with access to fresh food and water. An environment which allows the animal to exist the most natural way possible is preferred. I also believe that animals slaughtered for consumption should be killed as quickly and painlessly as possible.

Having said all of that, I find this story extremely annoying. You can not appeal to reasonable people with basic knowledge of development and behavior of animals with articles like this. The description of embryo development is inaccurate. The author clearly did not do his/her homework. I also believe that humanizing the bird in this extremely is ridiculous. This publication is causing more harm than good in the long fought battle to improve conditions for livestock. I guarantee it will get more eyerolls than sympathizers.

I will take back my negative opinion of the author if he/she turns out to be ten years old. In fact, that would be the only acceptable excuse for writing in this manner.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom