This is dangerous...!!!

wdzl

In the Brooder
May 28, 2020
Redding, CA
Howdy from Redding CA - where it's currently almost 100 degrees and we have recently become the proud parents of 4 wee chicks...

1lIM5NihqH_SqGnbBwNla66hZh39tcSds95ofbZmesVQUFyAANG0RUZMhCwPXpq_h3smIi-SK8EyIcx6N79arT9lGiZTgcNnkLemY3yBrXZhwO6Rby8RrJKZ3ZEe2G0iY1_lYDk8FeFccsUjBayb5ysBSFq50987fdHGRASSNwFBcNt87Ph8lq1M-I3tRHXrBUz4-auf4LPlyd8E6baVo9HUeyk_nV0p_xRPp9jTDJMrroCNQG6iFVeeY_bBMYwdNrEfqimEXFBcWD30HuaML1XaCpV8VdJ9USvi729jOLN3LiwavnGgHTCjvAtkNA6obt3EeDn1JnT9iGnCD5XVy4UVGl1AMu_eZPlqYU46oTS-7oSy6C_z8BvxxfGumjzYgXeYa51ndoEm0Zr7VFJyiAjhJHOZBQFEx3TGQklMP_Xx-GbNGUu4cxGl4dEZRyXXQSMWCGcVma_IHo6Ujfx_-AQkaWmsfYP7r6TrAAYRRLiaTLxMbYFcCB4cpUrTCZTPJSCS0x6j-z5G3CRy6Szfap52KQNNozaDEcJLFwnfG8p8BRoIBGbtvlP4tEG39VIJWZimho7A8FZI0WaCDAtnW_5miRu1v9Wt7FtnUCcXYjRTH96VQDIzRfgiCednOcgKbk4sNlHSADTtrVCBkAxcuPy0Xda3h39XLXvqOAnMGZ7CasMCcgcf5_sb2bAP0tg=s500-no

(1) Are you new to chickens / when did you first get chickens?
Yes and no - Yes as a responsible adult (just picked up some chicks last weekend) - No because I was given chickens as an 11 year old and was terrible at looking after them but that's another story...

(2) How many chickens do you have right now?
4 babies

(3) What breeds do you have?
2 Blue Sapphire Plymouth Rocks
2 barnyard mix - potentially a Leghorn x Brahma and a Black Australorp x Barred Rock

(4) What are your favorite aspects of raising backyard chickens?
Eggs. Watching all the goofball things they do. And keeping the kids happy!

(5) What are some of your other hobbies?
Gardening, arts and crafts...

(6) Tell us about your family, your other pets, your occupation, or anything else you'd like to share.
We have 2 kiddos (3 and 6) 6 year old was spending all the time she could playing with the neighbors' chicks so we figured we should give them a break...
We live in the city (raised in the country) so are limited to what we can have in the backyard but I've always wanted to have chickens so here we are.

(7) Bonus: How did you find BYC, how long have you known about BYC, and what made you finally join our awesome community? :D
Asked Google chicken questions and kept ending up here! Finally decided to join because of the amazing pool of knowledge on here!

Back
Top Bottom