This is hard work!

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by chicksinthemachine, Jul 30, 2008.

1. chicksinthemachine

chicksinthemachine Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 8, 2008
    Henley,MO
    This is like haveing a newborn child in the house, they need to be turned alot temp and humidity, keeping the kids out and I am getting MORE! [​IMG]

2. SterlingAcres

SterlingAcres Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 17, 2008
    Poconos, PA
    Quote:[​IMG]

3. shelleyb1969

shelleyb1969 Star Bright Farm

I'll be giving it a try this fall...for the first time. I'm so scared I'm gonna forget something!

4. Akane

Akane Overrun With Chickens

Jun 15, 2008
    I've found it's a lot less complicated than it seems. Humidity doesn't have to be exact. That's why the suggested numbers for it are all over the place, incubators don't usually come with humidity gauges, and there are methods like dry incubation out there. Get the temp stable (even more important than having at an exact number), keep the humidity in the ball park, don't forget to turn, and just wait it out. It's the patience problem I'm having trouble with this round. I got this incubating part figured out this time. Now I want to get on to the hatching part! [​IMG]

5. kellim

kellim Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 19, 2008
    SC, GA Border
    Quote:[​IMG]

I completely understand that! We were watching our duckling hatch out this morning and my son wanted to see and about the time he got to the bator he tripped and grabbed onto the incubator![​IMG] The bator barely moved and the duckling hatched out fine in the end. I was so glad he was okay but it took an hour to get my heart out of my throat!

Last edited: Jul 30, 2008

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by