This is hard work!

chicksinthemachine

Songster
11 Years
Jul 8, 2008
Henley,MO
This is like haveing a newborn child in the house, they need to be turned alot temp and humidity, keeping the kids out and I am getting MORE!
hu.gif

I've found it's a lot less complicated than it seems. Humidity doesn't have to be exact. That's why the suggested numbers for it are all over the place, incubators don't usually come with humidity gauges, and there are methods like dry incubation out there. Get the temp stable (even more important than having at an exact number), keep the humidity in the ball park, don't forget to turn, and just wait it out. It's the patience problem I'm having trouble with this round. I got this incubating part figured out this time. Now I want to get on to the hatching part!
barnie.gif

Quote:
yuckyuck.gif

I completely understand that! We were watching our duckling hatch out this morning and my son wanted to see and about the time he got to the bator he tripped and grabbed onto the incubator!
th.gif
The bator barely moved and the duckling hatched out fine in the end. I was so glad he was okay but it took an hour to get my heart out of my throat!

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom