fowltemptress

Frugal Fan Club President
Premium Feather Member
16 Years
Jan 20, 2008
Nope
This is my mother.

mommy.jpg

This is the woman who taught me to adore animals.

This is the woman who plopped an incubator in front of me when I was in kindergarten, and with a few basic instructions left me to it with a dozen duck eggs.

This is the woman who rounded up every single chicken egg imaginable when I felt like I'd die if I didn't own a chicken.

This is the woman who spent an hour chasing birds in the rain and lightning while I was sick in bed, because my young guineas had broken out and were in danger of being lost in the storm.

This is the woman who let me stay home from school the day my favorite hen died.

This is the woman who surprised me one year by taking a day off work and taking me out of school to drive six and a half hours to pick up a breed of chicken I had become obsessed with, but couldn't find anywhere.

This is the woman who listens to every detail of coop building and chicken keeping without once showing any sign of impatience or boredom.

This is my original poultry enabler.

This is my mother, and she is important.

Last edited:
hit.gif
You have me crying.
hit.gif
My mom is gone, and my MIL. I loved them very much. Give your mom a hug and kiss and tell her you love her as much as you can.

Good Woman...you do the same for your children. You are lucky to have such a supportive person. Pass it on. The world could use more people like her.

I am sitting here bawling! Your mother sounds wonderful. My mother is an animal lover too.

I got my first chickens a year ago. They were delivered on a very hot day in September. They arrived earlier than expected on my mother's front porch. (she lives next door) I drove home from work right away, in fear that they would be cooked. When I got home, there was my mom, in the garage, with my box of chicks safely in the shade. She helped me take them out one by one and give them their first drink of water and put them in the brooder. This is such a sweet memory for me. My mom is now very ill with cancer- sometimes in excruciating pain- but she still asks me how my chickens are- nearly every day. She even insisted on walking out to the coop to see my new roo that justusnak gave me-Marigold- I know it hurt her to walk that far- but she loves the chickens too.

Sorry to ramble on Fowltemptress, but you did bring back a memory for me that I will always cherish- thankyou.

Back
Top Bottom