This is just craziness!! Help!!!

Bec

THE Delaware Blue Hen
12 Years
Feb 21, 2007
Home Of The Delaware Blue Hen
This is driving me crazy...one minute I think girl, the next I think boy...I am so confused. My WCB polish is a girl, My blue hen (4 wks) girl and RIR girl, but this one stumps me!! There is slight and I mean slight pink on the comb, but I am just not sure...some things lean toward by, some towards girl. Slow feathering compare to the other 3, but then they are all different breeds. Thick legs, again different breeds. Pinkish comb...same... They he/she is a 4 week EE...Help!!!!
barnie.gif

Lolaboyorgirl006.jpg

Lolaboyorgirl005.jpg

Lolaboyorgirl003.jpg

Last edited:
Looks like a pea comb. From what I have read a hen with a pea comb will only have one ridge but a roo will have three ridges (one larger in the middle and two smaller ones on each side). From what it looks like in the pic there may be three ridges...

I could totally be wrong though, I am still a chicken newbie myself.

I was kinda hoping boy, but i just got the news from TSC that they are still having the order of partridge cochins sent here to my house. I really had my heart set on a roo from there, but they said they were unable to get them. Apparently things changed because now I have all these adorable fuzzy footed babies coming and I have to take them all down there to TSC...
hit.gif
. My DH is building me another coop so we will have one coop and pen for my Orps, WCB polish, This EE and a RIR. The other pen is strictly Delaware Blue hens, only want purebred in there. Soooo, that means one roo with each flock right? I guess there is no way to keep 2 roos with one flock of 10 girls...
I am too attached to this one now to have to find him a home and replace him with a Partridge cochin...

Man o man... what to do...

Back
Top Bottom