This is my new EE from McMurray, is this a Roo??

Thanks so much..... I need to post another pic because i'm sure that I have another one black and white with reddish on back.

Cock-a-doodle-doo times two! When red emerges on the back/wing bow of a black and white bird, it's a boy. Always.

Thanks so much to all of you. I ordered 12 females from Mcmurray: 6 Barred and 6 EE's ...lol, thats okay though because I wanted 1 or 2 Roosters. Good thing I didnt order straight run, they may have all been roosters
sad.png
lost 2 BR's so now my Roo's will have 8 girls. If both turn out to be Roo's for sure should I get rid of 1 ???

Not necessarily. From what I've read, the 10 hens to 1 roo is for fertilization concerns only. Doesn't mean thing will work out, though. Keep them, understand that there could be some pecking order issues, and as long as there isn't any blood you should be ok. There are lots of situations where more than 1 roo works fine. 1 should become dominant while the other finds his place as a freeloader
tongue.png

You've got 2 EE roosters there for sure.

You can probably get away with keeping 2 roosters and 8 hens since the roosters are raised together. However your flock will be calmest with just 1 rooster. Stressed hens are more susceptible to disease and won't lay as well as non-stressed hens.

Back
Top Bottom