This is not an effective way to get chicks.

Quote:
Of course, I think that is particularly true of humans. Far, far too many people who have no business reproducing have kids IMHO. Then again, they do sometimes thin the herd in amusing ways as reported by the yearly Darwin Awards.

Kerr_in_CA - you don't have an ordinance against having roosters? Just wondering.

Last edited:
Kerr_in_CA - you don't have an ordinance against having roosters? Just wondering.

MTC, I don't know; probably so, since we're in a pretty dense area here. I've not had cause to look that one up. If I thought it would get rid of this dumb wild bird to tell him he's a rooster and there's an ordinance, I would!​

Had a young male blue bird actually beat himself to death on our two windows near the nest box (21 generations of blue birds in same box never had this problem). These windows had screens over them and we tried putting things on the glass. It was two weeks of constant thud-scratch-scratch-scratch-THUD.
sad.png

- Stupid Bird

About 6:40 am today, and then again at 6:50. Threw things at him. He didn't seem particularly surprised; I guess the ladies must do the same.

Was talking to my love on the phone about this—apparently territorial wild birds have a very simple reflex loop in their brains. If the males of their species have a tuft of yellow feathers, then during nesting season it's enough to see a clump of yellow feathers to start them attacking incessantly until the trigger disappears. One wonders how they ever find time to mate.

Back
Top Bottom