This is so Stupid!!! :(

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by hollymh, Apr 18, 2009.

1. hollymh

hollymh *A Scrambled Egg*

Feb 8, 2009
    Texas
    I know I'm being negative Nancy, I'm sorry, but I'm very devastated right now b/c I just had to cull 2 more of my precious eggs and when I say precious I mean it! I live in Guam, no one will ship me eggs, won't even try and it is LEGAL, just risky for the eggs!!! Anyhow, I got my hands on 8 Silkie eggs and I had a field day, they're my baby eggies; well 2 were infertile, okay I can handle that, then one late quitter not happy but ok, THEN TWO more!!! That leaves me 3 eggs in my bator and I'm just boiling b/c it was an ideal incubation with NO problems not even so much as a degree or two off!!! Why is this happening to me?!?!? I'm so sad [​IMG] and angry all in one; I have tried and tried and tried to get silkie eggs and I finally did and now this... You have no idea how hard it is to feel so isolated and to be able to only get one type of egg and to have to fight to get another and then you do and then it blows up in your face... I'm just going to go cry somewhere now [​IMG]

So I guess I just want to know why I would have so many quitters with an ideal incubation period...

BTW it's day 19 and it's just not looking good which is why I'm so sad [​IMG]

edit*b/c I can't spell

Last edited: Apr 18, 2009
  2. Mikhail

Mikhail Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 13, 2008
    I"m sorry [​IMG] Maybe someone else would be nice enough to send you more eggs?

3. gabrielle1976

gabrielle1976 Overrun With Chickens

Feb 21, 2009
    Columbia river gorge
    Im sorry ,
    Dont give up on them till after day 24 or so

4. rancher hicks

rancher hicks Chicken Obsessed

Feb 28, 2009
    Syracuse, NY
    I'm sorry too, but I expect the people on this post will be sending you some eggs. Cause these aren't your run of the mill folks. I don't have silkies or layers for that matter. I'm new but if I did you'd have some. Come on folks. Sure your not saving the world but you can help make a difference to one person can't you? Here's hoping.

5. AngieChick

AngieChick Poultry Elitist

I am so sorry. It's nothing you've done, and after this is over I think you need to try again. But, this time put in twice as many eggs (if you can scam that many!). The worst that you will have with that is too many silkies, which would be easy for you to sell off if you need to.

I know it's upsetting, but don't give up yet. You can do this.

6. Chickenaddict

Chickenaddict Chillin' With My Peeps

May 19, 2008
    East Bethel MN
    Hang in there, it sounds very frusterating but keep your head up and try again. I'd be happy to send you some eggs (cochins, mixes and seramas all bantam size) I can't guarentee they will make it to guam in tact but i could sure give it a shot for only the cost of shipping [​IMG]. Perhaps your thermometer could be a bit off? Try getting another and compare the difference that way [​IMG] We are all here for ya [​IMG]

7. hollymh

hollymh *A Scrambled Egg*

Feb 8, 2009
    Texas
    I just love you guys, you know how to make a lady feel much better! [​IMG] I e-mailed the dept. of ag. to find out 100% if it is legal and what not; I know it is I just want to make sure!

chickenaddict: I will def. take you up on that offer as soon as I get conformation from the dept. of ag!!! Thank you! [​IMG]

8. Chickenaddict

Chickenaddict Chillin' With My Peeps

May 19, 2008
    East Bethel MN
    You are very welcome, glad to help [​IMG]
    Just Pm me when your ready

9. greenfamilyfarms

greenfamilyfarms Big Pippin'

Feb 27, 2008
    Elizabethtown, NC
    You can also order you some silkie or cochin chicks and let them incubate their own eggs... when they grow up, of course. [​IMG]

10. deerman

deerman Rest in Peace 1949-2012

Aug 24, 2008
    Southern Ohio
    the eggs will need to be from a NPIP Flock to be shipped to most states,would think also for Guam

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by