This last duck egg looks weird

Jcarnahan

Chirping
Dec 17, 2021
Good afternoon! I had two of my duck eggs hatch this morning and there is one more to go. the other day was the hatch day not its not that late. No pipping but its making lots of noise and it is moving around. I made an air hole in the top since it been internally pipped for a while now. With this egg it is starting to get discolored. Like its turning a gray color. I had another egg that did this but it was dead. Im concerned that maybe it hasn’t pipped because its stuck. I haven’t helped other than the air hole and honestly don't want to unless it really needs help. Does anyone have an idea if the graying on the egg shell is a sign this little one is in trouble and I should be doing more than poking a hole for it to breathe?

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    244.6 KB · Views: 36
Good afternoon! I had two of my duck eggs hatch this morning and there is one more to go. the other day was the hatch day not its not that late. No pipping but its making lots of noise and it is moving around. I made an air hole in the top since it been internally pipped for a while now. With this egg it is starting to get discolored. Like its turning a gray color. I had another egg that did this but it was dead. Im concerned that maybe it hasn’t pipped because its stuck. I haven’t helped other than the air hole and honestly don't want to unless it really needs help. Does anyone have an idea if the graying on the egg shell is a sign this little one is in trouble and I should be doing more than poking a hole for it to breathe?
The bruising looks higher then the air cell. Did you see the beak in the air cell while candling or just shadowing along it ?
Sometimes they have a leg over the head and can’t turn to external pip
Can you candle again abd look for the beak
If you see the beak in the air cell then just leave bsby to finish absorbing
It can take 48-72 hours total time from internal to being ready to hatch

Back
Top Bottom