This little piggie went to the market....

I will save that for when it's my turn to process... if I decide to do it...

Here are some updated pictures... they are getting big.
DSCF2485.jpg

DSCF2484.jpg

DSCF2483.jpg

Quote:
I know what you mean. I've got a Yorkshire (?) the pink one, and he is the friendliest thing! I've given up trying to keep him penned. I've just accepted that it will take him a little longer to get to weight.
roll.png
He moved himself into the chicken barn, and sleeps there when it is cold. He's built himself a nice little bed out of straw and some discarded feed sacks. He stays away from the chickens and geese, because they are mean to him...or so he thinks. He's a big baby. He comes running whenever he hears me, and follows us up the drive when we leave. I will miss him, but he will be delicious. He's got the funniest personality. Anytime any animal even looks at him, he screams bloody murder and runs to me and hides behind my legs.

Our last pig was really really mean, he was feral, and we really didn't expect this much personality. If he wouldn't get so big, I'd almost be tempted to keep him. But, a 200 pound pig with the personality of a kid in the midst of their "Terrible Twos" is a little too much to handle! No matter how cute he can be!
wink.png
All we can say is that he was really really happy here. Much happier than the overcrowded pen he came from, and that the meat will be delicious!
tongue.png

Shelly

See with stories like that, I couldn't eat him. He would be a farm mascot!

Mine don't have quite that big of a personality but they do link me to food.... they grunt and moan every time they see me.

The meat is amazing. Home made bacon is to die for. With that said, there is no way I could have butchered them. Having the meat delivered to me and the butcher coming and picking them up was the only way to go for me. A lot tougher than a bunch of meaties.

Quote:
LOL, they must be related to ours. Ours see you clean across the pasture at the chicken areas and still grunt and moan.

Back
Top Bottom