This makes me so mad...

peewee

Songster
11 Years
Sep 25, 2008
Orlando, Florida
I went to a farmers market today and heard some turkeys calling. Needless to say I had to go see them and look at what I found. There were all these little quail babies piled up on top of one another and this little guy right on the bottom. Yes, I know that he could have been the runt. Yes, I know that others are going to pick on him. But what I don't get is why he was out there for sale and why he was not separated from the others to give him a little time to recoup. I talked the "lady" into giving him to me and when I picked him up to put him into his cage he is nothing but skin and bones. No those are not dark feathers on him but poop smeared from one end to the other. I am not sure he would even survive a bath at the moment. I will wait and see how he is doing in a day or two then see if I can get some of that poop off. Not trying to open a can of worms here but just had to rant for a second.

16250_100_31671.jpg

16250_100_3165.jpg

Some people make me so mad!! At our local auction a few weeks ago, someone had brought in 30 1-day-old quail chicks. It wouldn't have been so bad, but it was kind of cool, and the box they were in was way too big. I didn't stay around for the auction, but I was betting that most of them would have been dead by the time they reached the auction block. Plus, the person that brought them wasn't watching them, and some guy's kid was over there with the top of the box open, picking them up. I told the kid to leave them alone, cause it is very easy to kill them. THEN the guy made his kid get away, and the owner appeared out of nowhere to save them. Idiots....
rant.gif

Glad you saved this one, but don't be surprised if it dies. Here's hoping it doesn't
fl.gif

Back
Top Bottom