This olive egger 🤔

Aren't these supposed to have feathers on their legs too?
The French and APA lines should. Many hatchery lines are clean legged however and bred to the English standard that prefers clean legs! Olive Eggers can look like absolutely anything and are often derived from Marans. I wouldn't assume he isn't one, although he is heavily taking after the Marans side. There are plenty of barred Olive Eggers out there. :)

The French and APA lines should. Many hatchery lines are clean legged however and bred to the English standard that prefers clean legs! Olive Eggers can look like absolutely anything and are often derived from Marans. I wouldn't assume he isn't one, although he is heavily taking after the Marans side. There are plenty of barred Olive Eggers out there. :)
Gotcha. In general, for barred birds....does coloring usually indicate sex? Like how the barred rock hens are more black and the roos more white and gray I think it is.

Olive egg are often a cross between welsummers, marans, ameraucanas, and/or legbars. Meaning they don’t have to have muffs or feathered feet. I have a legbarxmarans cross with a crest and a ameraucana x marans cross with muffs. My F2 gen Crossed with the legbar cross and a blue Maran has no muffs or crest but does have the feathered feet.

Back
Top Bottom