This thing is huge!

I understand, just playing a bit.
Trying to be funny.....if you knew me you would understand the jester side of me. Your lucky, when you get a double Yolker. They tend to keep giving you such gifts many times in their lives. Seen more in production types in my experience, each one very special. Congrates she’s a keeper.

During these challenging times a little humor goes a long way sure you would agree.

Whew! Not sure you want her doing that on a regular basis. Do you provide oyster shell free-feed at all times? Wonder what @Eggcessive or @aart have to say about this, if it's a sign of a reproductive issue.
Nah....
It's just a double yolker,
pretty common with high production breeds,
especially when they first start laying.

Nah....
It's just a double yolker,
pretty common with high production breeds,
especially when they first start laying.
Shes a leghorn. Shes been laying for about a month now. I get about 5 eggs a week from her. They do have oyster shell available at all times. She is my only leghorn though.
I'm a baker and when I crack eggs for what I'm doing I get A LOT of double yolks. I always figure it's because they come from high production farm factories. And when I crack them usually the two yolks are small and both equal a out 1 yolk.
These yolks were both normal sized yolks!

She does have an interesting story...
The day after her first egg she got into with a dog. I thought she was a goner. She plopped out a soft shell and expelled egg contents.
VERY NEXT DAY from dog attack (breast injury) she laid a perfect egg and just kept going.
Shes growing her feathers back barely still but is acting as if it never happened. Shes my trooper for sure.
Photo from night of the attack.

Attachments

• 20201023_072933.jpg
    20201023_072933.jpg
    323.3 KB · Views: 1
I understand, just playing a bit.
Trying to be funny.....if you knew me you would understand the jester side of me. Your lucky, when you get a double Yolker. They tend to keep giving you such gifts many times in their lives. Seen more in production types in my experience, each one very special. Congrates she’s a keeper.

During these challenging times a little humor goes a long way sure you would agree.
You should have heard the jokes in my house hold when I brought that thing inside. I was glad someone else showed some eggselent humor as well.

Back
Top Bottom