this thread is for mamawolf544 updated#35

OK Thought I should explain a little bit.
But first no pity please, there are people worse off than me.
But I do accept and
love.gif
prayers, prayer chains, well wishes and especially
hugs.gif
hugs.gif

I had an undiagnosed blood disorder called anticardiolipin antibody syndrome, it is in the Lupus family. It causes your blood to be too thick and to clot. I was outside working April 25. 2001 weedeating my bull's pen hot wire fence. My rib cage hurt all day and I thought I was having a panic attack. I have been prone to them for years so I thought nothing of it.
By about 5:30 that night it had bothered me all day and my DH came home from work, I was alone with my 2 GD's at the time. I dont remember much, but I went into my room and told DH to call the paramedics. Long story short I had 2 massive heart attacks. The blood clots broke loose, went through my heart and shot out the ends of my fingers. I was 41 yrs old at the time. No high BP, no health problems. They defibbed me 26 times, my DH would not let them quit.
July of the same year I got very dizzy and back to the hospital I go and I got a internal defibrillator. I felt OK not great.
Went to a new cardiologist, who took my info and sent me in the other room for an echo and then he apoligized to me.
gig.gif
He said you dont look sick, you shouldn't be able to walk.
He sent me to surgery In Jan for an internal ICD it is a pacemker/defibrillator.
I think I am on my 4th internal device. Since mine paces so much my batteries only last about 3 years instead of 10.
sickbyc.gif

So I went and saw him a couple of weeks ago, I have 2 cardio docs. And he did not know that I have been shocked numerous times, so he was very angry. And he asked how I felt and I said something not nice and told him I was just pooped all the time.
So now I am having a LVAD or Healthmate 2 implanted. It is open heart surgery, and it is a mechanical pump thet will be inserted in the bottom of my heart with a tube ran to the top of my heart, and then a little cable will come out my tummy and it will hook to the pump's brain and battery packs. Sounds Sci/Fi doesn't it? But they have been doing them for about 10 yrs now and the one I am getting was just FDA approved last Oct because it is suppose to be microscopic heart surgery.
So I will be the Bionic woman.
The doc says I will have 80% more energy immediatly and I will be good to go for 10 yrs and then I can get on the heart transplant list. I will already be on it but I will be on the bottom of the list because my heart function should be pretty good.
I cant wait, I miss my birds, I couldn't do anything with them last year and I had big plans.
ya.gif

So that is it in a nutshell. I am just waiting on word from the transplant Doc and he has to give me a breathing test and then my surgery will be scheduled.

I love all of Yall, you are good people. I will keep you posted.
Terri

Quote:
lau.gif

And on that note...good luck Mamawolf!! We will be praying for you and hope to see great results for you as well!!
hugs.gif
Blessings for a speedy recovery for you too!

hugs.gif
:hugs:hugs:hugs:hugs:hugs:hugs:hugs:hugs:hugs:hugs:hugs:hugs:hugs:hugs:hugs:hugs:hugs:hugs:hugs:hugs:hugs:hugs:hugs:hugs:hugs:hugs:hugs:hugs:hugs:hugs:hugs:hugs:hugs:hugs:hugs:hugs:hugs:hugs:hugs:hugs:hugs:hugs:hugs:hugs:hugs:hugs:hugs:hugs:hugs:hugs:hugs:hugs:hugs.......................................................................................................................chrisf

Back
Top Bottom