This was sooo weird! :D **UPDATED with PICS**

lickskillet

*Home of the Shoveler*
11 Years
Jan 16, 2009
Kentucky
My DD bought some guinea eggs last week from a man at our local stock yards. Long story short he didn't have the eggs on him just selling adults that day, so he offered to have us follow him home and get some. Which we did. He went to his barn and came back with a dozen. We never thought to ask him how FRESH they were. We have had them in the bator now for a week. Haven't even candled them yet! And one pipped last night!!!!! Then hatched this morning!!! And now have 2 out and 3 pips as I type! The man must have taken them out from under his hen! This has been the shortest hatch we've ever had! We just assumed he went out and gathered the eggs, but I guess after DD told him about the dog attack we had, deemed it necessary to get her a guinea baby as fast as possible! We went to the stockyards to thank him this morning, but he wasn't there, so wherever you are Mr. Man, THANK YOU!!! And what a SURPRISE you gave us!!
big_smile.png

21241_img_1237.jpg

21241_img_1236.jpg

Last edited:
Thanks you guys! Anyone know of a good site for guinea colors as keets? Lol I think the MAN said they were mixed, now I don't know if that means heinz mix or just had a bunch of different colored guineas! He-he!

OMG those are some cute keets!!!
droolin.gif
I hope you post pictures when they are grown!! Mine are just plain brown and black like a chipmunk when they hatch! Those are beautiful!!!

Ohhhh! Lavender would be cool! We just had the third one hatch, and it doesn't have ANY white on it! I can't wait to see what the next one will look like! This is FUN! 9 more to go....
big_smile.png

patyrdz Maybe this third one will look like yours! They sound pretty too!
smile.png

Here's #3 next to #2! Lol
21241_img_1241.jpg

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom