This was unexpected! What to do?

elbow grease with soda worked for a lot using paper so could just dispose of it, but remainder was like residue from some package label and sticker adhesives that tend to stubbornly smear as you rub.

Thanks for the suggestions though. I just used alcohol on it with great success.

Now i know how i can make own sticky glue if needed when SHTF
:yesss:

It's interesting, when you are trying to get a sticker from a store-bought item off and it leaves that sticky residue-- sometimes alcohol is the magic stuff for it!
Better watch those chickens more closely from here on out... heheh
3U5w.gif

Glass cleaner streak free or the stuff you put in vehicle for windshield washer fluid because it's streak free due to being a heavy duty degreaser
Has ammonia which I think is the part that has the grease killer
Oven cleaner works good on grease also
I clean houses and cars lol

Glad you found a good product to get the job done. When I have such an issue, I keep trying different products: if baking soda doesn't do the job, then perhaps vinegar will. My new go to product will be Lemi Shine since it's one of the primary ingredients in my home made dish washer detergent. An other product which works well for me is Solumel which is a Melaleuca product. A similar product might be "goo gone".

I love my corning wear! I like that it is almost indestructible and can go from fridge to microwave, gas stove top/oven, and it does not ever stain.

Ok.so the chickens were happy when given a ceramic baking dish of cooked fish-cleaning leftovers.
But now my dish has a thick terribly sticky layer of goo that doesn't want to come off. Except to spread to anything like my fingers! :sick
Any suggestions how to save my dish for normal future use?
Very hot water with some soda caustic

Very hot water with some soda caustic
What is soda caustic? Lye?

2 weeks? No wonder :lol: Glad that you got it off though! If something doesn't come off around here all it takes is some boiling hot water and some dawn dish soap :lau

Apparently the real problem was that unwittingly had manufactured fish glue because it was a batch of fish guts, heads, and bones. And didn't want to give it to my girls raw in case there might be parasites. :tongue
None of the girls had any problem with this dish and found it to be delish! :jumpy
But then that got left in the yard in winter weather and my lazy hopes that the coon or fox would empty and prewash for me.
:p :sick :rolleyes: of course the stuff left set. All is well now :wee

What is soda caustic? Lye?

Apparently the real problem was that unwittingly had manufactured fish glue because it was a batch of fish guts, heads, and bones. And didn't want to give it to my girls raw in case there might be parasites. :tongue
None of the girls had any problem with this dish and found it to be delish! :jumpy
But then that got left in the yard in winter weather and my lazy hopes that the coon or fox would empty and prewash for me.
:p :sick :rolleyes: of course the stuff left set. All is well now :wee

Yuck! :sick

Back
Top Bottom