This weeks hatch popping on Day 20

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by Dipsy Doodle Doo, Feb 11, 2009.

1. Hi! First one out is from the blue / splash Naked Neck Frizzle green-egger pen --- and it's another splash NN!!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    Lisa

2. RonnieAtkeson

RonnieAtkeson Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 12, 2008
    Tahlequah Oklahoma
    You dont need another, send it to me?

3. Missouri chick

Missouri chick Chillin' With My Peeps

May 15, 2008
    Homer, GA
    OOOooohhhh, I can't wait to see what hatches out of the eggs I got from you yesterday. That is a cute baby!!!

4. Quail_Antwerp

Quail_Antwerp [IMG]emojione/assets/png/2665.png?v=2.2.7[/IMG]Mrs

Aug 16, 2008
    Ohio
    OH how cute!! I have got to get me some NN's!!

5. Hi!
    That was the first one I saw when I came in after you left, Lori --- I thought you could use the pic to tease you-know-who. I toldja, they were pippin while we were chatting.
    g
    Ended up with 30+ chicks this afternoon. I had a full hatcher of mixed sized eggs and had some repercussions.
    The hatcher was more full than I've ever had with a mix of bantam and LF eggs. I HAD to interrupt the hatch because ALL my Serama eggs were getting pushed into already hatched empty shells. I lost 4 Serama chicks before I caught it.
    They'd been 'pushed' into a bigger empty shell and suffocated.

That's something no one ever told me to be cautious of when hatching bantams and LF together.
    This was my first 'full-capacity' max full hatcher. I'll know to separate them when they are hatching in a crowded space from now on.

[​IMG]
    Lisa

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by