This would throw the sex checker off...

ep.gif

Quote:
I agree. All I see is one wattle that's smaller than the other. Not all that unusual & certainly doesn't make it "half female".

photoshop....!!!

nah just kidding...

i thought it was because a hen would be born with one ovary instead of two... someone in the show off your seramas here thread has a nice serama hen that is like this... although, i don't think it's split in half like two face, but i know it's a hen that has a crest and big waddles...

Hah! I was JUST wondering about my Japanese! He LOOKS like a Japanese boy, BIG sickle feathers, saddle feathers, pointy neck feathers, and even tiny spur-buds, but his spurs, comb, and wattles are all VERY small and haven't grown a bit since I got him. He came with a girl that was DEFINITELY a girl, but she passed away - BUT, he JUST started making egg cackle noises, and doing egg-squats, and I've only heard him crow TWICE in his life!!

I'm REALLY starting to wonder if he's really a he! I wish I had pictures, but I don't have a camera. ):

I have a FBCM that I hatched out in Feb of this year that has hen feathers, size of a rooster, has spurs, hen comb and wattles. But hasn't laid an egg or crowed.

Back
Top Bottom