This year's eggs Update:Damsel on nest

Thanks!
smile.png

Does anyone have problems with their chicks eating hair!? Peep has managed to find some of my hair twice and half way swallow it then we notice the "string" hanging out if his/her mouth and have to carefully pull it out. My hair is really long so this isn't a very good thing for Peep to swallow. I guess whenever I lean over the pen or change out the towels I accidentally leave some of my hair behind. I really hope Peep won't eat hair again. Every time we take Peep out he/she tries to get at our hair and peck it.

Damsel (my pied peahen) has been on a nest for a few days now, and luckily it is not in the dog boxes were Ice and Pip had problems with their eggs breaking.

The first day I thought Damsel was just relaxing in the shade because she was underneath a bushy plant in the shade in a scratched out hole. I didn't think much of it then the next day when she was still there and I noticed the hole was so deep that her back was level with the ground. I haven't seen the eggs yet at all so I have no idea if she is on one or more... I tried to had feed her some treats yesterday but she hissed at me, so it is good that she is being protective. The other birds are not messing with her and that is really good too. I hope she can hatch out something, then I will really love her because the peachick I am raising now is from one of her eggs!

Back
Top Bottom