Those of you that garden do you use tires to plant in?

YES,YES,YES
thumbsup.gif

I have used tires for 15 years on my tomatoes .i put them around them when they are young and keep adding a tire up to 1-3 .
untill the plant begins to have fruit , it works out great. they act like a hot house ,keep tomatoes off the ground, weeds down.
and are reuseable.
good luck
on your garden!!
wooly
D.gif

Dh once brought me a truck tire(as in semi truck) and the rim.I had planned on using the rim as a fire ring,but it was painted.I ended up planting grape plants in both the rim and tire.

Thanks everyone for the info and suggestions. Guess it's almost time to start my seeds. This spring is going to be busy. LOL.

Quote:
x2
You could also plant some:

Dill
Strawberry
Basil
Thyme
Cinnamon Basil
Lettuce
Broccoli
Miniature Cabbage
Miniature Cauliflower

My family and I have planted those in tyres. You could also utilize the tyres for decomposing compost.
A Great solution for people with small space, watch out for getting black grease and marks on your clothes.
It was a big problem when we started and use old clothes. We stack our tyres 3-5 high depending on size.

My FIL has used them for years, too. And his strawberries are DELICIOUS. I'm ashamed to admit that, when DH and I first got married, I thought that it was SO tacky.
hide.gif
Now that I've tried to plant things in our wet clay, I think he's a horticultural genius. Sorry, Frank. I've learned a little humility over the past 20 years.

I used to think it was tacky as well but our soil is nothing but clay and rocks. I'll have to do strawberries this year. I'll have to plant a few of them because the kid will probably steal them all. LOL.

Back
Top Bottom