Those of you who would rather your neighbor just talk to you:

Tala

Flock Mistress
10 Years
Apr 14, 2009
Benton (Saline County) AR
Two days ago somebody came through my neighborhood cranking the bass at 7am. I was too groggy to figure out who it was before they left.
Tonight dude cranking bass pulls up at my nextdoor neighbors' house and goes in without knocking (so I'm thinking he's not a "casual guest")

I'm 99.99999% sure it's the same offender.

I halfway expect to get rocked out of bed in the morning.
Would you rather me come over there raging mad - half dressed - half asleep - and give you a piece of my mind?
Or just call the cops?

I always hear of people on here complaining that their neighbors just call the cops without ever speaking to them about the problem so.....

Slink out and leave a note on the windshield to please keep it down until they are past your house. The police can't do anything if the offender isn't there when they arrive.

Quote:
Yeah I was kinda afraid of that, but if I keep calling and complaining about a certain address they probably will come give them a warning.

I would talk to your neighbor first, not raging and half dressed, but fully dressed in the light of day. I'd tell them about your experiences with the noise pollution and ask them to see to it. If they ignore this, then feel free to call the cops when it happens again.

Quote:
I wake up RAGING mad when this happens, and it affects my whole day because of lost sleep, and then it's dark when I come home so..... I'm guessing this kind of calm discussion won't happen until at least next Wednesday when I don't have to work. hmmmm

MAYBE I SHOULD ADD that these are the same neighbors with frequent visitors that I think stole 3 of my chicks --- but the mom (who would probably answer the door) denied knowing I had chicks. I really haven't spoken to them since then, because I hold grudges. Really the people who originally moved into the house are ok neighbors, but their various numerous visitors get on my every nerve. Most of them are teenage kids I think.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom