Thought egg bound

sweetminke

Hatching
Oct 11, 2022
I have a red chicken she's a little older like 3/4 she's usually a daily layer still. I noticed her butt was drooped,like she was walking upright. She's sluggish but still feisty and alert. Eating and drinking. I read egg bound. So I brought her in and soaked her. After soaking I left her in dark nest for awhile. Few hrs later took her out and she did a big healthy poo..... but now idk what else to do for her. Her underbelly is swollen but not hard. Don't feel egg or anything. Is this likely a reproductive problem that I can't solve and should put her out of her misery? Or should I keep her inside and see what happens. I don't want her to suffer

I have a red chicken she's a little older like 3/4 she's usually a daily layer still. I noticed her butt was drooped,like she was walking upright. She's sluggish but still feisty and alert. Eating and drinking. I read egg bound. So I brought her in and soaked her. After soaking I left her in dark nest for awhile. Few hrs later took her out and she did a big healthy poo..... but now idk what else to do for her. Her underbelly is swollen but not hard. Don't feel egg or anything. Is this likely a reproductive problem that I can't solve and should put her out of her misery? Or should I keep her inside and see what happens. I don't want her to suffer
Sweetminke, i hope shes ok! Your explanation of her behavior doesn't display as suffering imo? The pros here will chime in, but, maybe because shes older now, shes not gonna lay everyday and her behavior and your observations are an indicator. I am a helicopter chicken mom for sure and am super keen on 'off' behavior and recognize wayyy too much. I usually panic, but, 99% has been all for nothing. I hope your ol' gal falls into her rhythm soon! 🐓❤️

She may have a reproductive disorder since you mentioned her stance, & swollen belly.

Can you get a picture, or two of her?

Back
Top Bottom