Thought I would have to get rid of my animals after last night!!!

jacyjones

Songster
11 Years
Jun 9, 2008
Aberystwyth, Wales
I have an arthritic knee after an RTA 20 odd years ago. Last night I stood up to go out to see to my horse and it felt like red hot needles were being pushed through my knee!! I have never had pain like it! I could not put any weight on it and was stranded - had to resort to shuffling about on my bum!! I could not put horse or chickens to bed or walk my dogs. My husband was home so he could do it but had to ask what to do!! Just shows who always does the animal looking after here!! My choice of course.

All night I lay not sleeping. My thoughts were................I will lose my job, I will have to sell my horse, the chickens and ducks will have to go. I will never be able to walk the dogs - even in our field. I was so upset it was not just the pain that kept me awake.
Thankfully I had an appointment with my doc at 8.30 this morning - he has injected into the knee with local anaesthetic and steroid and I now also have crutches!! I have had these jabs before and they have worked so I am crossing my fingers. I have taken the day off work and my husband is insisting I rest. You know how hard that is with animal chores to do!! I have resisted limping outside but I hate it.
wish me luck!!!

Awww im so sorry you have to go thru that. I wish you a speedy recovery and best of luck
big_smile.png

DO NOT SELL YOUR ANIMALS....yet!!! You just keep on keeping on as long as you can. Sounds like they are a shining light in your life. You need them and they need you! Follow your doctor's instructions...stay on those crutches. Ice your knee and keep it elevated on a pillow above the level of your heart. In other words...lay flat on the sofa or bed with your knee elevated on a couple of pillows. Ice packs will help bring the inflammation down. Good luck to you...keep us posted on how you're doing.
hugs.gif

Wow! thanks to you all for your best wishes! I have just taken my dogs for a slow stroll and although the younger springer was very puzzled we got on fine! I will try the ice thing for definite and will keep you posted!

I have 2 slipped disks in my back and was in so much pain for months and then I got possible the same type of injection in my back. It only took less than 2 days to take affect and be able to get around although I was careful for a week or so. Its been maybe 5 months and its just starting to fail slowly. The dr said thats what has to happen before I can get another but it will be an ongoing thing till I decide I need surgery. Did they tell you if you will have to continue to get the shots? Looking forward to getting my chicks during this time was my happy place. The only problem I had was preparing my coop. I hope it works out and you can get back to your animals soon.

Back
Top Bottom