Thought they were dead, now what?!? Help

coupelesschics

Chirping
Aug 30, 2020
So I have 2 egg cartons that have eggs in them that I didn't know about. They were sitting on the shelf in the basement apparently. Idk when they were even put there for sure. Long story short I found them bc my dog ate one of the eggs. I don't have room in my incubator but they are alive and pretty far along. I'm hatching my first set of eggs now so I'm by no means an expert. What should I do with them if I don't have room for them in my incubator and how in the heck are they still developing? Plus, there's the whole ordeal of an unknown hatch date.What would you all do? Yikes

Are you sure they’re alive? They’re not just dead and partially developed? Have you candled them? Please do post some candling pics! If they are indeed alive then just leave them where they are for now, I think they will struggle to hatch with a lack of humidity though, so you’ll want to find a way to help that. Whether that’s finding a humidifier or placing a box with a dish of water inside over them.

These pictures may help you determine the age
3B8AF00F-E826-45B0-82B0-3A70A225BB5C.jpeg
589425EF-4B70-423C-9B92-651C28AC3334.gif

I'm sure they are alive. I mean they are moving. I will try and get a good candling pic. The candler I have isn't very good about showing up in pics. I will see if I can get a decent one. I will for sure put a bowl of water with them.

From what I've read, keeping eggs at 80 degrees will allow them to develope but not develope right so they may die in the incubation process.

Where are you located?

A basement is always cooler than the house. What temperature is your thermostat set on?

Definitely candle and post pictures if you will!
From what I've read, keeping eggs at 80 degrees will allow them to develope but not develope right so they may die in the incubation process.

Where are you located?

A basement is always cooler than the house. What temperature is your thermostat set on?
It's 66 in the basement. I'm worried that they won't develop correctly but I feel as just leaving them too.

Back
Top Bottom