Thought this was an Ameraucana

weezyfno

In the Brooder
Apr 4, 2015
Seattle
Not sure what breed but it lays small cream-colored eggs.

Please help identify

First off, many places that sell "Ameraucanas" actually sell Easter Egger (hybrids that still contain the blue egg gene), pure Ameraucanas are rare and expensive. But, yeah that's not an Easter Egger. I'm thinking Golden Duckwing Old English Game. What color are the legs? If I'm correct, they should be greyish.

First off, many places that sell "Ameraucanas" actually sell Easter Egger (hybrids that still contain the blue egg gene), pure Ameraucanas are rare and expensive. But, yeah that's not an Easter Egger. I'm thinking Golden Duckwing Old English Game. What color are the legs? If I'm correct, they should be greyish. 

Her legs are yellow and she is very mean
1f614.png
1f614.png

so glad to see your post...i have 2 pullets that look exactly like yours, yellow legs and all...i have been wondering what color eggs they will lay. mine are 16 weeks old tomorrow. at what age did yours start laying? i have no idea what breed they are, i just assumed mine were some kind of mix breeds. thanks again for your post.

so glad to see your post...i have 2 pullets that look exactly like yours, yellow legs and all...i have been wondering what color eggs they will lay. mine are 16 weeks old tomorrow. at what age did yours start laying? i have no idea what breed they are, i just assumed mine were some kind of mix breeds. thanks again for your post.
This one with the single comb looks like a Welsummer pullet.

Can we get a profile shot of the OP's bird standing naturally? I'm thinking some type of game hen, but it's impossible to see body shape from this pic.

Closest thing I've come across while researching was a Black Breasted Old English Game Bantam.

She is quite small and very aggressive. When I first brought her home she immediately tried to go after the other hens through her cage. If she is a game bantam, do you guys know if she can ever be integrated into my flock of barred rocks?

I will post some pictures of her tomorrow when I let her out again.

Back
Top Bottom