Thoughts on adding 7 week EE to flock

Definitely! I'm sure 'managing' the flock will be ongoing but I'm happier with what I have now and just as importantly *they're* happier! My long term goal was a self sustaining flock. Problem was I didn't know what I wanted. All I remember from when I was a kid was big white meat hens and some red ones (probably Rhode Island Red) hence the rooster chasing. Barred Rocks got serious consideration from me but I wanted more than black and white. They have a great reputation though. We'll see what happens!

My barred rocks may not be the prettiest, but they have been my most prolific and consistent layers, my most intelligent birds and my nicest roos.
Glad your EE chicks are doing well. It all depends on the personalities in your flock.
Definitely! I'm sure 'managing' the flock will be ongoing but I'm happier with what I have now and just as importantly *they're* happier! My long term goal was a self sustaining flock. Problem was I didn't know what I wanted. All I remember from when I was a kid was big white meat hens and some red ones (probably Rhode Island Red) hence the rooster chasing. Barred Rocks got serious consideration from me but I wanted more than black and white. They have a great reputation though. We'll see what happens!

Back
Top Bottom