Thoughts on chickens at the fair

Wow.
I guess I got lucky.
Heartwood festival fair in va was amazingly aware of all entered.
Every bird or bunny had water and treats. I even overheard at sign in birds rejected because of mites, the judges would not let any sick bird near the healthy ones. Those judges where on top of their game! I felt safe, nice&cool in the shade&never worried about my hens. Children where corrected THE moment any nasty little fingers came close to a cage. Guess I didn't realize how fourtunate we where? Sorry to those of you who had a tuff experience.

Wow.
I guess I got lucky.
Heartwood festival fair in va was amazingly aware of all entered.
Every bird or bunny had water and treats. I even overheard at sign in birds rejected because of mites, the judges would not let any sick bird near the healthy ones. Those judges where on top of their game! I felt safe, nice&cool in the shade&never worried about my hens. Children where corrected THE moment any nasty little fingers came close to a cage. Guess I didn't realize how fourtunate we where? Sorry to those of you who had a tuff experience.
@pipAchick ...realize that this thread is 9 years old.

@pipAchick
 ...realize that this thread is 9 years old.

New to forum,,,thanks for pointing timeline out.
Will search "New threads"
1f601.png

Well, just look at dates on all posts in threads......sometimes old threads come up and discussion is continued for a good reason.
Older information may still be valid and worth reading.....or not.
[/quote]

I understand now,ty! I think I was so busy absorbing all the new info I didn't even notice there where dates. Also didn't realize so many events are not organized well&so many issues could arise, I'm scared to do anything not apa-aba related.
1f612.png
Don't want all my kids efforts to be in vain.

Well, just look at dates on all posts in threads......sometimes old threads come up and discussion is continued for a good reason.
Older information may still be valid and worth reading.....or not.

I understand now,ty! I think I was so busy absorbing all the new info I didn't even notice there where dates. Also didn't realize so many events are not organized well&so many issues could arise, I'm scared to do anything not apa-aba related.
1f612.png
Don't want all my kids efforts to be in vain.[/QUOTE]
There's a lot to take in on this forum.........it will take awhile to figure it all out.

They no longer have poultry at our county fair. Large displays with photos and such but no live birds. I have to say I was relieved and impressed.

Edited to say oops....no dates are showing on my app.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom