thought's on dark cornish

ohh yeah no doubt i was hopeing it would much better than other breeds you know the ones that sleep next to the feeder lol .. I was under the impression that they are the best out there at takeing care of themselves.. I think my main egg layers are gonna be americana' barred rock' and some comercial dark egg layer breed not sure of the breed but i have some mixed eggs i bought the eggs are really dark brown real pretty like you would by at the store... and runner duck I think are gonna be a good choice curious about them and how their eggs taste .. my layer pen has a pond about 6' deep and about the same size as large above ground pool .. this will hold my black swede, blue swede' kahki campell, and pekin ducks who like water hopeful a pair of each .. hopeing to also have a trio of royal palm turkey's in this pen.. the other will have pure breed dark cornish , runner ducks, and red burbon trio both pens are mostly wooded with small to large trees / under growth for them to clean up for me and will each have houseing I'll train the animals to use''' their will be nesting place's available hen boxes will be available from in or out side the house's.. I'll have 13 watt light bulbs lighting both around the clock pens will take 500' of fence probably red brand 5' dog wire with 2 strand electric wire around top one about 3'' from bottom... auto water thought about going with auto deer feeder and setting it just for about 2 sec cast twice a day or what I feel's needed a mix of cracked corn scratch grains meat bird and layer mash.. I know it has what it needs but bird like to find a lil treat that look different from time to time ....:) might be another 8 mounths to year befor i get it all going but it will happen ... I'll take pics of progress and when it's finished I'll post all and out come ....

Back
Top Bottom