Thoughts on the breed of our supposed Buff Orpington? Or possible rooster?

Acb33

In the Brooder
May 15, 2021
Any guesses as to the breed of our different colored chicken here? Possible rooster? They were all supposed to be Buff Orpington hens, but the one is darker, has yellow legs, and some black tail/wing feathers. Any thoughts are appreciated as we are new to chicken keeping and learning as we go. Thanks!
20210515_095939.jpg

Ah sorry, I thought other people were going to follow up, but I agree that it doesn't seem like a Buff Orpington or a pullet. The gender may be too young to tell though.

All are pullets! Buff Orpingtons have pink legs (some varieties like black have slate legs and other varieties are more greyish). Where did you get them? The one with green legs almost looks barred? *Maybe* Calico Princess, but I would expect a heavier body type

They are hatchery chicks that we got from our local hardware store. Getting a little older now and looking at her feathers and getting some other feedback, I'm pretty certain she is a hen. Just no idea on breed. Guessing maybe a mix of some sort at this point. Updated picture below for cuteness.

Attachments

• 20210520_145809.jpg
    20210520_145809.jpg
    586 KB · Views: 7

Back
Top Bottom