Thoughts on the Omlet chicken fencing?

Agathe

Songster
Jun 1, 2021
I tried searching old threads but those I did find about the Omlet chicken fencing seemed to be older, and I think Omlet have changed their fence since then (at least the net looks different), so I'd love to hear your more recent experiences with it.

I am considering buying the 21 meter fence as an addition to our run. The idea is to use it to extend the run during the day while we are in the garden to give access to fresh grass, while not having to keep a constant eye on them so they don't eat our vegetables. So I don't need it to be predator proof, nor do I worry about them flying over it, but I do however need it to be easy to move and put away when not in use (I won't have any need for it in the winter months as they free range then). Also, I can't seem to find any reviews on how durable it is. I realise rabbits and other animals can chew through it easily, but does it withstand normal wear? Hoping for some input!

I tried searching old threads but those I did find about the Omlet chicken fencing seemed to be older, and I think Omlet have changed their fence since then (at least the net looks different), so I'd love to hear your more recent experiences with it.

I am considering buying the 21 meter fence as an addition to our run. The idea is to use it to extend the run during the day while we are in the garden to give access to fresh grass, while not having to keep a constant eye on them so they don't eat our vegetables. So I don't need it to be predator proof, nor do I worry about them flying over it, but I do however need it to be easy to move and put away when not in use (I won't have any need for it in the winter months as they free range then). Also, I can't seem to find any reviews on how durable it is. I realise rabbits and other animals can chew through it easily, but does it withstand normal wear? Hoping for some input!
Sad you haven't gotten any input.

Have you thought of using step in fence poles? Like the ones you buy for temporary electric fences?

Personally though.... I would probably stick poles around all veggie beds, and put free fishnet on the poles.

That would be free, and easy to put up and take down .

You can fer free fishnet along the coast... we have bins at the dump and at the local boat supply store.

Sad you haven't gotten any input.

Have you thought of using step in fence poles? Like the ones you buy for temporary electric fences?

Personally though.... I would probably stick poles around all veggie beds, and put free fishnet on the poles.

That would be free, and easy to put up and take down .

You can fer free fishnet along the coast... we have bins at the dump and at the local boat supply store.
That is a good idea! I actually have a few step in fence poles that will soon be available. I would fence in the vegetables if they weren't so spread around the garden, and an addition benefit of having the chickens in a single spot is that they may help me prepare it for vegetables later on. I live in a fishing community so old fishnet should be possible to find. Thanks for the input!

That is a good idea! I actually have a few step in fence poles that will soon be available. I would fence in the vegetables if they weren't so spread around the garden, and an addition benefit of having the chickens in a single spot is that they may help me prepare it for vegetables later on. I live in a fishing community so old fishnet should be possible to find. Thanks for the input!
No problem!

There are lots of kinds of fish net. I like the thick deep sea net for fencing, and the thin nylon fish nets for putting overhead.

Do pull them tight. Loose loops of fishnet will catch stuff... rabbits, birds, chickens.....

Back
Top Bottom