Thoughts on this incubator

Pampered chicken girl

🎶My angels and demons at war with myself🎶
Premium Feather Member
Apr 10, 2022
So before I got chickens I planned on getting 2 hens and 1 roo and hatching eggs......well that didn't happen I ended up with some lovely chicks and also some nice adults definitely enough chickens at the time. Well I bought this incubator on amazon before I got them and would like to know your thoughts on it, have you ever used it, if so did you like it. It had good reviews a automatic egg turner and looked good. Here's a picture of it its the kebonnixs 12 egg incubator
Screenshot_20220629-145819_Chrome.jpg

I have exactly that incubator model, and I've been having great success with it. I currently have 12 more eggs in it right now (on day 2), and 11 healthy babies in the brooder downstairs. Of that group of 11, the 12th egg was not fertilized - so I had a 100% hatch rate!!! The lowest success I've had was 5 of 9 fertilized - two went bad somewhere along the way, and two pipped upside-down and died while trying to hatch. The incubator is very quiet (a bit of noise when turning eggs, for a moment), and consistent with temperature.

Anyone else, I'm planning to hatch in a week or 2!
I'm done for the year. I raise for meat as well, and I don't want to butcher in the snow, thank-you-very-much. My next scheduled incubation start date is Jan. 29th (providing my young girls are laying well, older hens may stop), with earliest date in the outdoor brooder coop by March 5th.
but you know how it goes...... the best laid plans of mice and men....

I'm done for the year. I raise for meat as well, and I don't want to butcher in the snow, thank-you-very-much. My next scheduled incubation start date is Jan. 29th (providing my young girls are laying well, older hens may stop), with earliest date in the outdoor brooder coop by March 5th.
but you know how it goes...... the best laid plans of mice and men....
Oh sorry if I offended you by asking for other people, I just wanted more opinions from people with the incubator. We live in FL so cold is not a worry

offended? how? LOL no worries at all! Was it my thank-you-very-much comment? I didn't mean that in a snarky way, just trying to show my dislike of this damned bitter cold here. You are so lucky!

Yes, I'd love to hear from others with the same incubator as well.

offended? how? LOL no worries at all! Was it my thank-you-very-much comment? I didn't mean that in a snarky way, just trying to show my dislike of this damned bitter cold here. You are so lucky!

Yes, I'd love to hear from others with the same incubator as well.
Oh sorry!

Dry hatching here. We have 1 more day and 4 eggs already hatched last night.

Mine appears to be the newer and bigger version of the Kebonnex.

Based on my first try at incubating, this is so far the easiest to set. I’m seeing 4 more eggs pipping. I’ll keep you updated on the total hatch.

Attachments

• 0D325ADD-A77D-42D1-BCB4-D998AEFB723C.jpeg
    0D325ADD-A77D-42D1-BCB4-D998AEFB723C.jpeg
    352.9 KB · Views: 10
@Axelay2003 I know your post is a year old but since you mention you are in FL and it looks like you are using the same incubator we will be using I thought you could give some good advice. 1. How do you like the incubator? 2. Did you use the dry or wet hatch method? 3. What % of humidity did you have the first 18 days versus the last 3? Sorry about all of the questions but this is my first batch in FL and will be first time using the Maticoopx 30.

Back
Top Bottom