Thoughts, prayers, what-have-you's for my baby sis...

Discussion in 'Family Life - Stories, Pictures & Updates' started by shelleyd2008, Nov 5, 2010.

1. shelleyd2008

shelleyd2008 the bird is the word

Sep 14, 2008
    Adair Co., KY
    I saw on my baby sis's best friend's Facebook page last night that baby sis was in a car accident. I didn't know much of what happened. Finally talked to the friend on the phone and she didn't know much either, except that they took her to the local hospital and decided to fly her to a hospital in Indianapolis. At the time I was told she had a head injury and a broken ankle and knee.
    Today, I've learned that the head injury is not major and the knee is not broken. However, the ankle is in pretty bad shape. They said it severed 2 of the 3 arteries going to the foot and they may have to amputate.
    She is 26 years old, mother of 6 (4 hers, 2 her fiance's). Needless to say, she needs both her feet. So please keep her and her family in your thoughts, prayers, whatever it is that you do that they won't have to amputate her foot.

They are also giving her transfusions because her blood pressure keeps dropping, which means she is bleeding somewhere. I think the doctors assume that it is from the ankle, but you'd think they'd have gotten the bleeding there to stop. [​IMG] Anyway, let's hope that this is the cause and it's not that she's bleeding some place else. Thank you.

2. redhen

redhen Kiss My Grits... Premium Member

May 19, 2008
    Western MA
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

3. danielle82

danielle82 A Good Egg

Apr 27, 2009
    Tonasket Wa
    oh wow,
    [​IMG]

4. turney31

turney31 Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 14, 2008
    palestine texas
    Praying! [​IMG]

5. Ema

Ema Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 4, 2010
    N. Ontario CANADA
    I am so sorry to hear that, I will pray for your whole family, [​IMG] to all of you

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by