Thoughts/?'s about mites...

Oh and get rid of all bedding and food that they have touched, and if needed, spray with a power hose between boiling water and lime on the list if at the first list does not work.

What are you spraying with, just curious. I tried DE in the past and still had mites. Glad it's working for you. Good luck...

I've been spraying 'Red Mite X Concentrate' - has taken 3 full coop sprayings but one coop now appears totally clear.
Got 'Smite' concentrate today but will be maybe tomorrow or Sunday to try it as my sprayer is part full of 'Red Mite X' and not going to tip it out and waste it.
Also tomorrow we're collecting a kids plastic garden playhouse for adapting into a mite unfriendly coop for the girls.

Red Mite X : Presume it's a 'secret formula' - Red Mites are controlled by the sticky consistency which breaks down the wax coating of insect pests which causes dehydration and death. Similar results occur on Red Mite eggs. Have sprayed our coops 3 times now and I reckon it's killed 90% of the Mites in one coop and 100% in the other.
Smite : Says will effectively eliminate RED MITE and other parasites Very effective against mite eggs Non-toxic and does not contain pesticides, again it both works on contact when sprayed or once dry forming a barrier the mites only need to walk onto. It's also an effective cleaner and disinfectant for coops etc. Most reviews say 2-3 treatments over 7 days and the Mites are gone.
Will post on here once the Smite is used.

Back
Top Bottom