Thoughts to what should be legal

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by BirdHead, Nov 8, 2015.

1. MeepBeep

MeepBeep Chillin' With My Peeps

Or sad depending on how you look at it... It got so bad eventually that the ordinance officer and I were on a first name basis and he kept apologizing every time he showed up stating that since a report was called in and filed with the village he had a duty to follow up and investigate... Found out later it wasn't just me getting harassed, the village was actually sued by one resident for harassment and said resident won, the harassment stopped on a dime after the next election where almost all village officials were replaced, but I had already made plans to move...

2. Rod-T

Rod-T Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 23, 2015
    Deer park, Washington
    I wonder if the officer had been properly trained to use a measuring tape.. our tax dollars at work

3. MeepBeep

I doubt it, this officer although a real nice guy once you get to know him, was a true to life Barney Fife in regards to being an officer both in looks and actions... He was the son of a very well politically connected career 'tree cop' aka park/conservation officer in the area, and was basically handed the local police officer position because of his name nothing more...

Last edited: Nov 9, 2015
  4. Michael OShay

Michael OShay Chicken Obsessed

May 14, 2014
    Montana
    Here's an interesting one from Montana. It's illegal to feed deer here, not just in hunting, but even if they come into your own yard, yet all of the feed stores here sell deer blocks for feeding deer. Go figure.

5. Rod-T

Sep 23, 2015
    Deer park, Washington
    From what I understand. .in Montana you don't even need a permit to build on your house.. my cousin is in libby.. he does what he wants

6. N F C

N F C dem crazy bones Premium Member

Dec 12, 2013
    Wyoming
    It's the same here Michael. Here you can buy big bags of "deer corn" (yes, it's labeled that way). Crazy, right?

7. Michael OShay

Michael OShay Chicken Obsessed

May 14, 2014
    Montana
    Definitely.

8. MeepBeep

Same in Illinois...

9. Rod-T

Sep 23, 2015
    Deer park, Washington
    Someday we will have permits just to get to have kids

1 person likes this.
  10. N F C

N F C dem crazy bones Premium Member

Dec 12, 2013
    Wyoming
    Actually, that's not a bad idea. Make prospective parents go to class, do background checks, give them some hands-on practice with a colicky 6 month old or a 2 year old on a sugar high. See if the wanna be parents still want a permit.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by