Thread to post pictures of your horse barns!

I LOVE the use of stone and wood😍
All the barns around here are metal🤢
Me too! I love it when barns have natural elements and flow with the landscape. We have had both pole barns and timberframes quotes and price wise we decided it was worth the extra to opt for the timberframe. Especially when the pole barns we were quoted on were anywhere from $75,000-$150,000.

Me too! I love it when barns have natural elements and flow with the landscape.
That's how houses, and barns, ought to be, imo. I love it when I drive by somewhere and it looks like the house just grew out of the ground, like it was meant to be there.

We have had both pole barns and timberframes quotes and price wise we decided it was worth the extra to opt for the timberframe. Especially when the pole barns we were quoted on were anywhere from $75,000-$150,000.
Definitely the better choice! There's nothing wrong with a pole barn, but it just lacks the appeal and character that a timberfrane usually has.

You have to update us when it's built! I'm a huge barn lover, there's something so cozy and attractive about them, I hope to someday live in a custom barndominium.

That's how houses, and barns, ought to be, imo. I love it when I drive by somewhere and it looks like the house just grew out of the ground, like it was meant to be there.

Definitely the better choice! There's nothing wrong with a pole barn, but it just lacks the appeal and character that a timberfrane usually has.

You have to update us when it's built! I'm a huge barn lover, there's something so cozy and attractive about them, I hope to someday live in a custom barndominium.
I will definitely post pictures! I could definitely live in a barn and be happy. My husband jokes that when we build this one I'm moving to the barn😂

I bet the stonework adds a lot to the expense? Makes it gorgeous though!
It definitely does. Right now the base price we have been quoted for just the supplies for a 36'x60' Timber Frame shell is around $120,000-$140,000 (depending on company). We were also talking about going 42'x60' so we could have 14'x14' stalls and a 14' aisle instead of a 12'. That would bring the price for the supplies to $150,000-$170,000. Those prices do not include the grating, base pad, electric, stone, labor, stalls etc. Just the supplies for the timber frame shell. The addition of stone we have been quoted anywhere from $10,000-$50,000 depending if we just wanted some accents or to do the whole barn front completely sided in stone. We already have electric and water on site. My husband's family who are all contractors have offered to build it which if we went that direction it would be around $200,000-$250,000 to completely finish. The quoted price we got from the timber frame companies for them to build and completely finish it so it's turn key (besides the grating and pad) it would be anywhere from $300,000-$400,000 depending on how fancy we went with the finishes.

It definitely does. Right now the base price we have been quoted for just the supplies for a 36'x60' Timber Frame shell is around $120,000-$140,000 (depending on company). We were also talking about going 42'x60' so we could have 14'x14' stalls and a 14' aisle instead of a 12'. That would bring the price for the supplies to $150,000-$170,000. Those prices do not include the grating, base pad, electric, stone, labor, stalls etc. Just the supplies for the timber frame shell. The addition of stone we have been quoted anywhere from $10,000-$50,000 depending if we just wanted some accents or to do the whole barn front completely sided in stone. We already have electric and water on site. My husband's family who are all contractors have offered to build it which if we went that direction it would be around $200,000-$250,000 to completely finish. The quoted price we got from the timber frame companies for them to build and completely finish it so it's turn key (besides the grating and pad) it would be anywhere from $300,000-$400,000 depending on how fancy we went with the finishes.
Oh wow!! That’s a lot! :eek: but seems like a super fancy, really nice one! Hah I would go with his family for half priced 😁😂 still a LOT though. But I bet it’ll be pretty.

Back
Top Bottom