Three Australorps and One Legorn, Hen or a Rooster?

OK here are the updated pics. So they are almost 3 months old now. I defiantly think the one on the far left is a rooster, and really hoping the other 3 are Hens. What is everyone's thoughts?

I agree the lorp on the left looks like a possible boy, can't decide on the one in the middle, the right one and the white look like possible girls.

I agree with you Kelsie. I am flipping the coin in the middle one too, I am heading overseas for work for a few weeks so when i get back I should know for sure:) Ill post some more pics then

Cheers

The black look like a roo and hens to me as well. The white I can't see close enough on my phone.

It was the kangaroo part that had me rereading last time! Hawks are no good! We have a gigantic one that was perched near our house the other day. We have half a dozen two month chickens and two if those are bantys. The two month olds out of our chickens are pets on top of just hopefully producing for us. So scary! :(

The black look like a roo and hens to me as well. The white I can't see close enough on my phone.

It was the kangaroo part that had me rereading last time! Hawks are no good! We have a gigantic one that was perched near our house the other day. We have half a dozen two month chickens and two if those are bantys. The two month olds out of our chickens are pets on top of just hopefully producing for us. So scary!
sad.png

Fingers crossed I have only one Roo out of the batch. Glad there are no Hawks or Eagles in our area touch wood. I just brought two Partridge Silkie's for $40 each and there hard to come by here and would be shattered if a predator made them there lunch. The Kangaroos stopped investigating now I have stopped the ISA browns from sitting on top of the fence. Funny because I think they missed there regular visits :)

The black on the left could be male, can't see the shape of his feathers well enough in the pic, though. The other 2 BAs are girls so far (I had 5 girls, then three, then - finally - one. It's too hard to say until they're about 14 weeks, in my experience, ha ha!) Can't tell with the leghorn, the lighting is hiding the shape of the back feathers.

Well they are old enough for an answer. This week they must have hit puberty, they had there fastest growth growth spurt. On Wednesday one of them hit full force crowing. Sent him to the farm today, and building the parent in laws a chicken pen. The other 3 are hens, they are a big breed and almost double the size of the ISA browns. Sometimes the best way to tell is wait till the crow. One of the neighbors loved the sound of the crow in the morning. Not sure about the people behind us though, they dont get out much. Have to say the Australorpes are bloody loud!!!! Thanks to all who responded, it was fun and learning experience for me

Back
Top Bottom