Three more 11 week old need sexing

Walpysteve

In the Brooder
8 Years
Jan 14, 2012
I have three 11 week old or so all from the same RIR roo, after reading every thread and looking at each pic on here..I would appreciate a more experienced members view as to what to look for. The eggs came from a light sussex, RIR and a Buff Orpington. thanks I'm new so the photos will have to wait

Last edited:
WELCOME TO BYC!!!!
D.gif

I'm new here too, just joined.
big_smile.png

I think if you make 5 posts then you can post pics. That's what happened with me, anyway.

Thanks Mate..it's bit hard describing chickens without pics. One of the chickens has the odd greeny shiny feather in its tail, does that mean cockerel for sure?

I don't know for sure, but I've never seen a pullet/hen with that greenish feather unless the hen's completely black. If the chicken's all black and it has that feather, then it could be either sex.

If the chicken's not all black, then I'd say it's probably a cockerel/rooster/boy chicken.

It's not all black it's brown so that is one decided I guess...another one: do yellow legs have anything to do with it RIR roo and RIR hen or BO hen mum?

Another one has yellow legs neither potential mum RIR or BO had yellow legs. Dad RIR did though...

Someone else on here said I need ten posts before photo upload is allowed. So the next few of my posts can be safely ignored...lol Thanks for your help so far.

Back
Top Bottom