Three mysterious baby ducklings

Apopka Cluckers

In the Brooder
11 Years
Dec 29, 2008
This Sunday my middle child came home with a cute little duckling that her papa bought her at the flea market. This prompted my wife's motherly instinct and she ran back to get this duckling 2 little playmates. She has been wanting ducks since I got our chickens so this was her opportunity.

We now have three little ducklings that my wife and kids named Huey, Dewey, and Louie. Yeah, we're real original around here
big_smile.png

I'd like to see if anyone here can give me a little information about these three little darlings. The brown one, Dewey, is really active and runnig and jumping all over the place. He is also bigger than the other two and his bill is wider than theirs as well. It is also not as pointy as the other two.

First two pics are of Dewey, the 3rd is Huey, and the 4th and 5th are Louie.

20287_dewey.jpg

20287_dewey_2.jpg

20287_huey.jpg

20287_louie.jpg

20287_louie_2.jpg

Any help would be great
smile.png

Coming from the flea market they are probably mutts (cute ones though!). You will probably have to wait until they are older to find out if they are standard ducks or muskovies.
All of my ducks that I hatch are mutts (parents are pure) and no one minds buying them as mutts.
love.gif

It amazes me at how fast ducks grow though. It's crazy!!!!

All yellow should be a Pekin (see what six weeks old looks like on my website :) and then brown one is Khaki Campbell, I also have those on the website. They grow FAST!! Good luck and have fun!

Are the bills pinkish or yellow-orange on the lighter two? The smaller - lighter two look like Muscovy to me.
ETA: especially with the dark smudge mark on the yellow one's head that's a classic white 'scovy marking.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom