Three-week old check eating puppy pads

Have they had access to grit yet might be a good idea to give them some if not to make sure chick doesn't get impacted. Especially if your not sure how much they ate it cant hurt
I was wondering about that, Huntmaster. They’re 3 weeks old. Heard some scary stuff about young chicks eating too much grit and getting sick… Should I not give it free choice yet? How should I offer it?

They are…and, alas, shreds of puppy pads. :)
You had said that u immediately removed the puppy pads when u saw the chicks eating it. But if there are "shreds of puppy pads" still in their brooder u couldnt get out and the chicks are still eating it, may be best to dump out brooder and start anew with pine shavings only? Even tho the puppy pads are made of "nontoxic material", the material IS gauze and plastic.

You had said that u immediately removed the puppy pads when u saw the chicks eating it. But if there are "shreds of puppy pads" still in their brooder u couldnt get out and the chicks are still eating it, may be best to dump out brooder and start anew with pine shavings only? Even tho the puppy pads are made of "nontoxic material", the material IS gauze and plastic.
Yikes. Absolutely true—and I’ll dump!

Back
Top Bottom