Throwing feed in the ground?

I have been looking but the ones that I am willing to try are out of my price range I would invest but I don't know if they will work they are like $60+ dollars and I don't know if its going to work thanks tho.
This might not work quite yet, but I have this feeder. You don’t have to buy the feeder, the ports are available as well for a lower price and all you’d need is a bucket or a tub. No waste, mouse and pigeon proof and weather resistant as well. If you don’t want to buy the ports, it’s an idea you can implement if you’re good with DIY because it’s super simple

https://revolutionarychicken.com/

I have been looking but the ones that I am willing to try are out of my price range I would invest but I don't know if they will work they are like $60+ dollars and I don't know if its going to work thanks tho.
Or a crock/bucket/whatever raised so the top is level with their backs. Or a little lower. If your feeder is in a dry, secure place. Mine is a stainless steel dog dish set in a plastic pail. The plastic pail raises it and gravel in the pail makes it heavy enough to not be tipped over. They don't spill anything. There are many good ways to do most chicken things.

Hm, I don't feed treats in it, though, in case that would encourage them to dig through the feed looking for the treats. Most treats get thrown on the litter.

I feed lawn clippings. I pick the part of the lawn that has the shortest, finest grass to give them to minimize the risk of impacted crop. I think it is a real risk but low enough to take it.

Once my chicks have a good handle on how the feeder and water founts work. I hang both, at a height where the rim of trough is about even with the chickens backs. I find it saves feed and keeps the water cleaner. Especially when they start scratching. I found some small hanging water founts online. They hold a liter and half of water with a swallow trough. They work great in my brooder.

Attachments

• A744020A-C460-4402-888E-4AB0925DA926.jpeg
    A744020A-C460-4402-888E-4AB0925DA926.jpeg
    347.5 KB · Views: 5

Back
Top Bottom