Thumper needs to live his best rooster life ~

Sherri68

In the Brooder
Jul 22, 2019
Hello to all,

I wish I had known about this forum before I decided to venture off into raising up some BYC. I now have five and one of those (not a unique situation I know) turned out to be a roo and he has such a personality at least to me because I've had him since he was a few weeks old. It is all to common feed stores do not do enough sexing because this happens all too often and then these little guys run the risk of not having a good home. So here I am trying to find Thump a good home. My neighbor hates him and well I told him your just gonna have to wait till I find him a good home because he is not becoming soup for anyone!

Thumper I think is a White Pearl Leghorn, he has four ladies and he is then man in that coup, he lives a very nice life right now in Livermore CA (northern) and I would like to put him with someone who would really love to let him live out his BEST rooster life and do his job or just R&R until his time. He watches over his ladies with a hawk eye and makes sure they are all gathered up in the coup when danger is near and then hurries them back out to free range when danger is gone. He's always talking to himself lol! Which I think is adorable. I named him Thumper because when I thought he was a chick he would thump on the other chickens with his feet (I should have know then) but I thought she was just being a manly chick turns out well she wasn't a chick at all.

This all started because my neighbor had chickens and mistreated them and I was feeding them and watering them through the fence and well they decided they wanted to live with me and would jump over the fence but then one day my dogs got them I was devastated to say the least. So I went out and bought some chickens to redeem my negligence and have raised them since and now my dogs share the same yard when it's free range time, so dogs can be trained to leave the chickens be to be chickens if you take the time.

Anyway, if anyone is interested Yes I am being picky I don't want him to go somewhere if he doesn't have somewhere safe to sleep at night or if he's going to sit on a farm and be left to be bullied. Yes I know he is a rooster and does know how to defend him and his but I just want someone to love him He's been my pet this whole time no he does not hang out in the house but he can be handled and if left alone he will just be a roo wandering the yard. I just know he's going to know he's not with his girls or in his home anymore and that just breaks my heart so it's important to me that he goes somewhere safe. I see so many rehoming and it looks so easy to say bye but I"m sorry for me it's not easy at all :( I would keep him if my neighbor would just be a happier person but fat chance.

Thumper Pearl leghorn
1 year old - last month
Free to good home
located in Livermore

ps. if you are interested and within 75 miles and a good home I will gladly bring him to you.
please message me or call me

Attachments

• IMG-0563.JPG
    IMG-0563.JPG
    93.5 KB · Views: 41
  • IMG-0550.JPG
    IMG-0550.JPG
    90.1 KB · Views: 12
  • IMG-0314.JPG
    IMG-0314.JPG
    198.6 KB · Views: 13
  • IMG-0551.JPG
    IMG-0551.JPG
    213.6 KB · Views: 17
  • IMG-0217.JPG
    IMG-0217.JPG
    105.2 KB · Views: 14
  • IMG-0765.jpg
    IMG-0765.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 14
Well, hatchery vent sexing is only 90% accurate, so it happens. Do you know which hatchery he came from?

Not sure if if matters to you but the feed store made a mistake in saying he's a Leghorn. Not with that beard/muff and comb type. Are his legs green or grey in color? I can't tell. I think he's a white Easter Egger, and a nice looking one at that.

Well, hatchery vent sexing is only 90% accurate, so it happens. Do you know which hatchery he came from?

Not sure if if matters to you but the feed store made a mistake in saying he's a Leghorn. Not with that beard/muff and comb type. Are his legs green or grey in color? I can't tell. I think he's a white Easter Egger, and a nice looking one at that.
Yes it was one iff Greenville in Livermore, and you are right i do not think thumper s leghorn either i looked him up maybe an Americana?

He's a very beautiful boy. Have you considered making him a house rooster?
I didnt mention that i dont think but he already sleeps in the house because he was crowing at 4 am and this collar i hate putting it on him ive gotta find him somewhere soon i cannot keep him im exhausted 😳

Back
Top Bottom