Thyroid Disease suffers

The only thing that worries me about the Armour is the prion thing.

There can be no prions in Armour since there is no cow material in it.

yippee!! Remember I said they could not get Armour at my pharmacy? Well, they DID get it in the next day, and I started today.

I am so hoping to feel better soon!

Excellent news F-mom! Yes, there is a temporary shortage, but Forest Labs will drop-ship to a pharmacy anytime a patient asks.

I haven't had a period AT ALL since starting the Levothyroxin.

If you get on Armour, I bet this would improve. Levo is fake garbage just like synthroid -- only T4 -- when your body needs T1-7 and calcitonin, found in Armour.

Armour natural thyroid is far less expensive than the artificial fake chemicals synthroid and levothyroxin.​

Chic-a-bee

I respect your opinion on Armour - really I do - however I respectfully disagree that those of us on Synthroid or Synthroid with Cytomel are not getting adequate treatment and are a mess. I've had thyroid issues since 1992, began meds in 1994 and total irradication in 1998/99. I've seen top experts in thyroid due to my issues with it - from Johns Hopkins to UVA and MCV - sometimes "natural" is not better for a patient no matter what a website, homeopathic or anyone else says.

I agree that treating on symptoms is key, absolutely, and no you cannot go based off of TSH alone, you must test the T's and Free T's however- worldwide the gold standard in ANY drs office is still to test the TSH value and go from there. That is what they are trained to do and that is what the first line test has and always will be to determine thyroid function if any doctor is going to treat based off of labs vs. symptoms. If they treat based off of symptoms alone, somewhere down the line they are going to test the TSH regardless. Should your dr. test T's and Free's? Absolutely they should.

In regards to your other comment regarding my sensitivities to medications - I have had my adrenals checked - many times for years and years - and I am not in adrenal failure nor am I in fatigue. I have fibromyalgia - fibromyalgia sufferers have med sensitivies most of the time, its in the medical journals. I also have numerous other conditions as well, Lupus being another - but my med sensitivity began shortly after coming down with Fibro - and so did my husbands. My husband and myself are in the classification of fibro sufferers that fall into the 5% range that have this sensitivity, as well as chronic daily headaches (and I suffer from migraines - cluster and vascular, rare types as they hit everywhere from front to back, left and right sides of my head), and neurogenic bladder (it shuts down with certain medications resulting in a foley catheter or self-cathing at times).

I have 100% faith in my doctors ability to treat my thyroid and to treat me. Now thats not to say I havent run into some "snake charmers" along the years because I absolutely have and I've up and walked out (how about being told "talk to your uterus...tell it you love it daily...it will heal itself?
roll.png
- uhm..yeah...hysterectomy solved the issues and I'm better now "doc" thanks LOL), however if you find the right doctor and are comfortable and trust them, then there shouldn't be an issue - if you trust them. If you dont - by all means, run and find another one (lord knows I have, many times over). But....there comes a time when you have to put your trust in that doctor. If you decide to go homepathic (I also did this for years as well) - then you put your trust in your Homepath to do right by you - same thing.

I just think you're giving synthetics a bad rap - some of us cannot take or choose not to take Armour. I for one - will try it should my synthetics not work out and I cannot get to feeling better. Do I hold out hope for that? No...because I'm in a class all on my own it seems, I'm wired very strangely. I've asked before (years ago) about it - however due to my system being "wired oddly" and my uptakes and blood work, med sensitivities and what not (remember I must get tested every 3 months with full panels - most patients do not have to, I've had to and have done so since 1994, its very costly needless to say) - a "natural" thyroid med is unstable for my situation at this point in time because it's shelf life in my body personally isnt as stable as a synthetic would be for my situation, meaning the dosing isnt the same per grain every time as what I would need it to be - therefore a synthetic T4 and T3 is whats best for my situation.

So - lets give both sides a fair shake in this instance - I know where you're coming from and I wholeheartedly respect it - I've been there and done it many times over by fighting the cause. But...sometimes its not as black and white as others like to think it is and there may be others out there that are in the same situation I am in - whether they know it or not - maybe their doctors havent found it yet and must run those panels consistently to determine what THEIR PERSONAL VALUES are and not what the "chart range" value is.
wink.png
Its really the only way to tell...

I so wish I wasnt a thyroid sufferer.... (sighs)... it really does stink.

Back
Top Bottom